4 Drug Rehab Centers in Andrews AFB, Maryland
Rehab centers on Andrews Air Force Base provide care for active military members, veterans, and their family members. Learn more now.
As the airfield portion of Joint Base Andrews, Andrews Air Force Base is well-known for its role in the military.
The demands of military life mean that many of those who call Andrews Air Force Base home battle drug and alcohol addiction, but substance abuse treatment is easy to access from here.
Substance Abuse On Andrews Air Force Base And Prince George’s County
Prince George’s County, which includes Andrews Air Force Base, has been hit hard by the drug addiction problem in Maryland. An increasing number of people are dying every year because of drug addiction.
These statistics show how serious substance abuse is for those who live in and around Andrews Air Force Base:
- In 2017, Prince George’s County lost 167 residents to drug or alcohol overdose or poisoning.
- Of those overdose deaths, 52 were due to heroin.
- An additional 14 were because of prescription opioids.
- Fentanyl was the biggest problem, accounting for 103 of the deaths.
- Prince George’s County had the fourth-highest number of substance abuse deaths in 2017 of all Maryland counties.
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html