3 Drug Rehab Centers in Aberdeen, Maryland
Aberdeen, Maryland is not a large city, but it has experienced deaths due to alcohol and drug misuse. Substance abuse treatment providers in the area hope to combat this issue by providing multifaceted treatment programs.
Substance Abuse In Aberdeen And Harford County
Though there have been some decreases in overdose deaths rates in Harford County, the Aberdeen area has significant problems with alcohol-related fatalities and drug overdoses.
- Harford County had 53 drug and alcohol intoxication deaths between January and June 2018.
- In 2018, Harford County had 63 opioid overdoses deaths. This was a decrease of 7.35 percent compared to 68 opioid overdose deaths in 2017.
- The total number of non-fatal opioid overdoses in Harford County in 2018 was 308, which increased by 3.7 percent from a total of 297 in 2017.
- There were 101 deaths due to drugs or alcohol in Harford County in 2017. About half of these were attributed to heroin and prescription opioids.
- From 2012 to 2016, Hartford County had a total of 26 alcohol-impaired driving deaths.
Baltimore Business Journal - https://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/2018/07/27/opioids-continue-towreak-havoc-in-maryland-heres.html
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maryland/2018/measure/factors/134/map