Top 2 Drug Rehab Centers Near South Portland, Maine
There are around 25,483 people living in South Portland, Maine. The city’s location provides residents with convenient access to Portland. Those who enjoy the outdoors can also head to the Casco Bay coast on the city’s eastern side for scenic sights and outdoor activities. Individuals struggling with addiction can find treatment options in nearby communities.
Substance Abuse In South Portland & Cumberland County
Cumberland County has had serious issues with drug abuse and overdoses, especially in recent years. Take a look at some facts from the region:
- The rate of emergency responses to overdoses per 10,000 residents in Cumberland County was 32.7 in 2014. This was the highest rate in all of Maine.
- From 2013 to 2014, the rate of poison center calls for opioids was 30.98 per 10,000 residents, which was among the highest rates in the state.
- The rate of adult primary treatment admissions for heroin and morphine use from 2012 to 2014 in Cumberland County was 20.1 per 10,000 residents. The rate during the same time period for synthetic opioid use was 16.4.
- There were 180 drug overdose deaths in the county from 2014 to 2016.
- In 2017, Cumberland County had a total of 109 drug overdose deaths.
Traveling For The Best Program
With no drug or alcohol treatment centers located in South Portland, those who need help have to look into different options.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maine/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention - https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/public-health-systems/scc/documents/2017-Drug-Deaths-Final.pdf
Maine Department of Health and Human Services - https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/osa/data/cesn/Heroin_Opioids_and_Other_Drugs_in_Maine_SEOW_Report.pdf