Top 3 Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers Near Perry, Maine
The town of Perry, Maine is home to roughly 889 people. Perry, which lies along the border between the U.S. and Canada, is nestled between Boyden Lake to the north and Cobscook Bay and East Bay to the south. Residents have limited options for addiction treatment within Perry itself, so they may have to travel for an alcohol or drug rehab center.
Substance Abuse In Perry & Washington County
Washington County has had serious problems with drug use and overdoses in recent years. Take a look at some troubling statistics from the county:
- Between 2012 and 2014, Washington County had a rate of 19.7 drug overdose deaths per 100,000 residents, which was the highest in the state.
- Washington County had a rate of 104.38 per 10,000 residents for poison center calls involving opioid use from 2013 to 2014, which was the highest in the state.
- The county had a rate of 64.3 per 10,000 residents for adult primary treatment admissions for synthetic opioids between 2012 and 2014
- From 2012 to 2014, there were 19 drug overdose deaths in the county. This was a rate of 15 per 100,000 residents.
- Between 2014 and 2016, there were 38 drug overdose deaths in Washington County. This was a rate of 20 per 100,000 residents.
Traveling For The Best Program
Since there aren’t any addiction treatment centers in Perry, it’s necessary for those who need help to look elsewhere.Article Sources
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services - https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/samhs/osa/data/cesn/Heroin_Opioids_and_Other_Drugs_in_Maine_SEOW_Report.pdf
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/maine/2018/measure/factors/138/data