4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Situated on the inner side of Saco Bay in York County, the community of Old Orchard Beach, Maine is popular among tourists as a summer vacation destination, with its iconic pier capturing the ideal image of New England beach life. But for the 8,600 people who live in the community year-round, many find themselves struggling with drug or alcohol addiction.
Substance Abuse In Old Orchard Beach & York County
The drug addiction rates in York County are quite high, and many who live in Old Orchard Beach are affected by this problem. A closer look at these statistics will show a clear need for local drug addiction rehab centers:
- Opioid-related hospitalizations in York County were over triple the state average for 2016-2017.
- Between 2016 and 2017, York County’s percent of hospitalizations due to overdose increased by 39.4 percent.
- York County had a drug addiction hospitalization rate in 2017 of 68.7 people per 100,000.
- Narcan was used to save 593 people in York County between 2014 and 2017 according to police.
- In 2017, 162 people died in York County because of opioid overdose.
Traveling For The Best Program
The right addiction treatment center is a crucial part of a successful recovery. Not all treatment centers provide the same types of treatment services, which is why individuals seeking help should look carefully at what is offered.Article Sources