4 Drug Rehab Centers in Winchester, Kentucky
With interstates nearby and a location that’s close to downtown Lexington, Winchester, Kentucky offers convenience for residents looking into rehab programs for substance use disorders outside of town. Winchester is also home to multiple rehab centers capable of treating addiction close to home.
Substance Abuse In Winchester And Clark County
Clark County has had some problems with substance abuse, including drug overdose fatalities and driving deaths related to alcohol use. Take a look at some facts regarding these issues in the county:
- From 2012 to 2014, Clark County had a total of 37 fatal drug overdoses. This decreased to 32 drug overdose fatalities from 2014 through 2016.
- From 2010 to 2014, the county had five alcohol-impaired driving deaths. Between 2012 and 2016, Clark County had two of these fatalities.
- Clark County’s average annual rate of fatal drug overdoses was 32.49 deaths per 100,000 people between 2012 and 2016.
- In 2017, Clark County had a total of 17 drug overdose deaths, occurring at a rate of 47.2 per 100,000 people.
- During 2017, Clark County’s rate of written opioid prescriptions was 90.5 prescriptions per 100 people.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
When Winchester residents need to find an addiction treatment program, it is important for them to weigh at least a few options before choosing one. This involves finding and comparing rehab programs in town, as well as programs offered at facilities in other towns and cities.
In some cases, patients can end up finding the best rehab program in another state. Being in the most suitable rehab program helps ensure that individuals have the best chance at recovery.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2014/measure/factors/134/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf