3 Drug Rehab Centers in Williamsburg, Kentucky
Adults with a substance use disorder who live in Williamsburg, Kentucky have access to a wide range of treatment centers in and around the city. Williamsburg is near the Tennessee border, and an interstate passes right through the city, which provides more convenient travel routes for individuals who plan on undergoing a drug rehab program outside of town.
Substance Abuse In Williamsburg & Whitley County
Whitley County has had serious problems with drug overdose fatalities, especially involving prescription opioids. Some drug-use facts collected over the last several years include:
- Between 2012 and 2014, Whitley County had 58 drug overdose fatalities. This decreased to 42 drug overdose deaths from 2014 to 2016.
- There were 15 alcohol-impaired driving deaths in Whitley county from 2012 to 2016.
- Whitley County’s average yearly rate of drug overdose deaths between 2012 and 2016 was 44.08 deaths per 100,000 population.
- In 2017, Whitley County had a total of 12 drug overdose fatalities, representing a rate of 33.1 deaths per 100,000 people.
- Whitley County had a very high rate of written opioid prescriptions in 2017. The rate was 220.9 prescriptions per 100 residents.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Recovering from addiction requires patients to receive effective care. Some individuals need outpatient treatment, while others need intensive outpatient care, inpatient care, or partial hospitalization. For individuals in Williamsburg, this can mean traveling to other cities, towns, or neighboring states to compare varying options and find the right program.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2014/measure/factors/134/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf