3 Drug Rehab Centers in Whitley City, Kentucky
Individuals living in Whitley City, Kentucky have a wide range of places to explore for drug and alcohol rehab centers. This census-designated place is located close to the Tennessee border and near interstates and a few other main roads, which makes traveling for rehab services easier.
Substance Abuse In Whitley City & McCreary County
There have been some problems with drug and alcohol abuse in McCreary County during the past several years. Here are some drug-use facts from the area:
- From 2012 to 2016, McCreary County had a total of six alcohol-impaired driving deaths.
- Between 2012 and 2016, McCreary County’s average annual rate of drug overdose deaths was 40.07 deaths per 100,000 population.
- McCreary County had rate of 2.37 drug dependencies reported per 100,000 people in 2014.
- In 2017, McCreary County had less than five drug overdose deaths.
- McCreary County’s rate of opioid prescriptions in 2017 was 120.9 per 100 people.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Going to another city or state for addiction treatment can turn out to be the most suitable option for those struggling with addiction.
Those who live in Whitley City should keep exploring rehab services and programs in other areas outside of town to be aware of what is available. Taking this step can help individuals find the right services for their situation, which may require travel.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2014/measure/factors/134/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf