4 Drug Rehab Centers in Shepherdsville, Kentucky
Shepherdsville, Kentucky is located roughly 20 miles away from downtown Louisville and is close to the Indiana border. Besides being close to major roads that provide easy access to nearby addiction treatment centers, Shepherdsville residents will also find a couple rehab centers within city limits.
Substance Abuse In Shepherdsville & Bullitt County
Bullitt County has had some serious problems with drug addiction, especially when it comes to drug overdose deaths. Take a look at some facts regarding substance abuse in the county:
- Between 2012 and 2014, Bullitt County had a total of 59 drug overdose deaths. This rose to 61 drug overdose fatalities from 2014 to 2016.
- From 2012 to 2016, the county had a total of nine alcohol-impaired driving deaths.
- Drug overdose deaths in Bullitt County from 2012 to 2016 occurred at an average rate of 23.67 deaths per 100,000 people each year.
- In 2017, Bullitt County had 37 drug overdose fatalities.
- During that same year, the written opioid prescription rate in the county was 63.1 prescriptions per 100 people.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Some individuals with substance use disorders find that traveling to other cities or towns for treatment is the best option for them. Shepherdsville residents should keep this in mind as they explore rehab program options. Different places outside Shepherdsville offer programs with varying care levels to match every individual need.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2014/measure/factors/134/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf