4 Drug Rehab Centers in Shelbyville, Kentucky
Shelbyville, Kentucky lies about halfway between downtown Louisville and downtown Frankfort. This provides residents with more choices when they need to look into substance use disorder rehab programs in the area. There is also more than one drug or alcohol rehab center located in Shelbyville itself.
Substance Abuse In Shelbyville And Shelby County
Shelby County has experienced some problems with drug and alcohol abuse over the last several years. The following substance abuse facts were collected from the county:
- Between 2012 and 2014, Shelby County also had a total of 12 drug-related overdose deaths. From 2014 to 2016, Shelby County had 38 fatal drug overdoses.
- Between 2012 and 2016, drug-related overdose deaths occurred at an average rate of 19.13 deaths per 100,000 population per year.
- From 2012 through 2016, Shelby County had a total of ten alcohol-impaired driving deaths.
- Shelby County had a total of 11 drug overdose deaths in 2017. These deaths occurred at a rate of 23.2 deaths per 100,000 people.
- In 2017, Shelby County’s rate of written opioid prescriptions was 61.8 per 100 residents.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Shelbyville residents should make sure they look for options that are available in neighboring cities, or even in neighboring states, before deciding on one. This can help them locate the most effective treatment program to help them recover from addiction.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2014/measure/factors/134/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf