4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Mount Vernon, Kentucky
Residents of Mount Vernon have access to a few major roads, which offers ways to reach other parts of Kentucky, or even neighboring states, for drug and alcohol rehab centers. The city is also located a few miles west of Daniel Boone National Forest, providing residents with hiking trails and other opportunities for outdoor activities to keep them active and healthy.
Substance Abuse In Mount Vernon & Rockcastle County
Rockcastle County has had drug overdose deaths and other substance abuse problems over the past several years. Take a look at some troubling drug-related facts from the region:
- Rockcastle County had a total of 43 fatal drug overdoses from 2006 through 2012. There were 14 drug overdose deaths in
- Rockcastle County between 2014 and 2016.
- There were a total of 25 drug overdose deaths in Rockcastle County in 2016. From 2012 through 2016, these deaths occurred at a rate of 29.6 deaths per 100,000 residents.
- Rockcastle County had six fatal drug overdoses in 2017.
- In 2017, the rate of written opioid prescriptions was 69.4 per 100 residents.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Going through a drug or alcohol rehab center provides individuals with a chance to change their lives. For these programs to be successful, it’s important for people to find a program that best suits their needs. For those who live in Mount Vernon, this can mean traveling to other cities as well as nearby states.Article Sources
amFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/KY
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/kentucky/2017/measure/factors/138/data
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2016%20ODCP%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20Final.pdf
Kentucky Office of Drug Control Policy - https://odcp.ky.gov/Documents/2017%20Kentucky%20Overdose%20Fatality%20Report%20%28final1%29.pdf