4 Drug Rehab Centers Near Brownsville, Kentucky
Substance Abuse In Brownsville & Edmonson County
The National Institute on Drug Abuse released its Kentucky Opioid Summary, highlighting opioid use in the state. Consider the following statistics:
- Providers in Kentucky wrote 4.47 million prescriptions for opioids in 2015.
- For every 100 persons in Kentucky, 97 opioid prescriptions were written.
- This number is much higher than the national average of 70 prescriptions for opioids for every 100 persons.
- The rate of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) in Kentucky increased sharply from 2000 (0.4 cases for every 1,000 births) to 2013 (15.0 cases per every 1,000 births).
- The average rate across the 28 states included in the analysis was 6.0 per every 1,000 births.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Families and friends searching for substance abuse treatment programs for loved ones naturally start looking near Brownsville for those that might be a good fit. However, it’s important to keep an open mind and be willing to travel. There are countless rehab centers located in Kentucky and neighboring states like Tennessee or Ohio.Article Sources
National Institute on Drug Abuse - https://www.drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-summaries-by-state/kentucky-opioid-summary