3 Drug Rehab Centers Near Winter Springs, Florida
Substance Abuse In Winter Springs And Seminole County
Prescription opioid overuse and heroin overdoses have been a problem in Seminole County, especially during the last few years.
- Seminole County’s total number of deaths from drug overdoses was 206 between 2014 and 2016.
- Seminole County’s rates for cocaine, morphine, and heroin overdose fatalities ranged between five and 10 deaths per 100,000 population in 2016.
- During that same year, the Seminole County’s rates of fentanyl, oxycodone, and hydrocodone overdose deaths reached close to five deaths per 100,000 population.
- There were 108 deaths related to drug use in Seminole County in 2017, which represents 23.3 deaths per 100,000 population.
- In 2017, the rate of written prescriptions for opioids in Seminole County was 52.5 prescription per 100 people.
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/florida/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Publications-and-Forms/Documents/Drugs-in-Deceased-Persons/2016-Annual-Drug-Report.aspx
amfAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/FL