3 Drug Rehab Centers In West Palm Beach, Florida
Some West Palm Beach residents struggle with alcohol and drug abuse, particularly when it comes to prescription opioids. Treatment resources are available in the West Palm Beach area to combat the opioid crisis.
Substance Abuse In West Palm Beach And Palm Beach County
Prescription opioids, cocaine, and other substances have been serious problems in Palm Beach County, especially over the past few years.
- In 2017, Palm Beach County had 616 deaths related to drug use.
- There were 1,141 fatal drug overdoses in Palm Beach County between 2014 and 2016.
- Palm Beach County had more than 1,900 admissions for alcohol addiction rehab in 2014 and more than 1,225 admissions for prescription opioid rehab the same year.
- Over 25 percent of drug overdose fatalities in Palm Beach County in 2016 were due to cocaine.
- Palm Beach County had a rate of 53.4 per 100 residents for written opioid prescriptions in 2017.
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition - https://www.pbcsac.org/Jul-2015-Palm-Beach-County-Report.pdf
amfAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/FL
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Publications-and-Forms/Documents/Drugs-in-Deceased-Persons/2016-Annual-Drug-Report.aspx
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/florida/2018/measure/factors/138/data