Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Hollywood, Florida
Substance Abuse In Hollywood & Broward County
Florida has been hit especially hard by the recent opioid epidemic, and Broward County is, unfortunately, a reflection of this. Consider some facts from the county:
- According to a report from the United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse, the prevalence of current alcohol use and binge drinking among Broward students steadily declined from 2010 to 2016.
- Although alcohol use is down, benzodiazepine deaths increased in 2015 and 2016, despite sharp declines in 2011 and 2013.
- Deaths related to the non-medical misuse of prescription opioids, particularly oxycodone, have increased.
- The majority of heroin deaths in Broward County involve polysubstance use in combination with other drugs.
- Cocaine deaths have steadily increased since 2013, also attributed in part to polysubstance use with heroin and other opioids.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Although addiction treatment is not difficult to come by in Broward County, sometimes the most effective and appropriate treatment option is located farther away from home and potentially out of state. To fully consider every available option, discuss all questions and concerns with a trained treatment specialist for guidance and peace of mind.
Although it might be less convenient to travel for treatment, finding a program that’s most appropriate for each unique individual is essential. For more information, contact RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
United Way of Broward County - http://www.drugfreebroward.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/June-2017-Broward-Substance-Abuse-Trends-Report.pdf