Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Gulf Breeze, Florida
Substance Abuse In Gulf Breeze & Santa Rosa County
Santa Rosa County has had some problems with the overuse of opioid substances and other drugs in the past few years. Consider some drug-related facts from the area:
- Santa Rosa County had a total of 164 deaths caused by drug overdoses from 2006 through 2012. Between 2014 and 2016,
- Santa Rosa County had a total of 65 drug overdose deaths.
- In 2016, Santa Rosa County had 15 heroin overdoses. Seven of these overdoses ended up being fatal.
- Other 2016 Santa Rosa County drug-related overdose deaths involved morphine, fentanyl, oxycodone, and hydrocodone.
- In 2017, Santa Rosa County had a rate of 86.6 opioid prescriptions written per 100 residents.
- The county had 31 fatalities involving drug use in 2017, which represents a rate of 17.8 deaths per 100,00 residents.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
When a town or city only has limited rehab program options available, individuals should keep in mind that these programs might not fit their needs. Traveling for addiction treatment facilities outside Gulf Breeze in other locations creates more options for care in recovery. This can provide an opportunity to undergo treatment that meets individual needs.
To learn more about alcohol and drug rehab program options in or near Gulf Breeze, please contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
AMFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/FL
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/florida/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Publications-and-Forms/Documents/Drugs-in-Deceased-Persons/2016-Annual-Drug-Report.aspx
Santa Rosa’s Press Gazette - https://www.srpressgazette.com/news/20171120/legal-drug-fatalities-far-outpace-illegal-drug-deaths