Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Eglin AFB, Florida
Substance Abuse In Eglin Air Force Base & Okaloosa County
Drug and alcohol addiction are not new problems on the Eglin Air Force Base. Throughout Okaloosa County, the problem has grown worse. Here are some current numbers related to substance abuse in the county:
- In 2016, over 50 percent of the Okaloosa County Jail inmates were dealing with substance abuse and mental health disorders.
- In 2017, 25 people in the county died due to drug overdose.
- That same year, four of the deaths were related to opioids.
- From 2014-2016, Okaloosa County had a 386 percent increase in heroin and fentanyl arrests.
- Over 30 people were arrested in Okaloosa County in 2017 for heroin possession.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment does not fit into a box, but rather those who need treatment will find a wide range of options and opportunities. Finding the right program often requires careful research and the willingness to travel away from home. In fact, those seeking treatment may find better success if they take the time to leave home and travel to a new location for treatment.
Look into all of the treatment options available by contacting RehabCenter.net and talking to an addiction treatment specialist today.Article Sources
Crestview News Bulletin - https://www.crestviewbulletin.com/news/20180407/opioid-crisis-in-okaloosa-applying-brakes-to-cycle