Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Brooksville, Florida
Brooksville, Florida is surrounded by the Withlacoochee State Forest, Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge, and Coastal River Swamps. The city of over 7,000 people is in close proximity to Orlando and Tampa. For Brooksville residents in need of addiction treatment, local and community rehab centers are available.
Substance Abuse In Brooksville & Hernando County
Drug trafficking is big business in western Florida and Brooksville is not exempt. Hernando County is one of several counties declared as a High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA). Take a look at some drug-related facts and statistics from Florida:
- In 2014, there were 4,996 opioid overdoses.
- Florida ranks 13 among the “drunkest” states in the U.S.
- In 2015, 30,100 individuals received treatment in Florida for a substance use disorder.
- There has been a 780% increase in heroin overdoses since 2007.
- There were 11,053 alcohol treatment admissions in the area from 2015-2016.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Traveling for addiction treatment can assist with recovery. Taking the time to travel to another environment can remove the toxic triggers and allow the individual to focus on getting better. For those with families, traveling may be a disadvantage or inconvenience, but it can be well worth it in the long run.
For more information on finding treatment facilities for substance abuse, contact a treatment specialist today at RehabCenter.net.Article Sources