3 Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Boynton Beach, Florida
The city of Boynton Beach has a population of roughly 77,702 people. Boynton Beach, located along the Atlantic coast, is about halfway between Delray Beach to the south and Lake Worth to the north. Those who live in Boynton Beach and suffer from addiction can find several drug and alcohol rehab centers within city limits.
Substance Abuse In Boynton Beach And Palm Beach County
Cocaine and opioid addiction have been major problems in Palm Beach County, especially during the last few years. Take a look at some drug-related facts:
- More than 1,600 drug overdose deaths occurred in Palm Beach County from 2006 through 2012. There were 1,141 drug overdose deaths between 2014 and 2016.
- Palm Beach County had a total of 1,926 treatment admissions for individuals with alcohol addiction in 2014 and 1,225 admissions for those with prescription opioid addictions.
- In 2016, overdose deaths due to fentanyl ranged between 20 and 25 percent of drug-related deaths in Palm Beach County.
- Palm Beach County’s rate of prescriptions written for opioids was 53.4 per 100 residents in 2017.
- During 2017, the county had 616 drug-related deaths.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
While Boynton Beach has more than a few options available for drug and alcohol rehab programs, finding the right kind of care is crucial for recovery. Those who are currently exploring their options should be willing to travel to other areas. Traveling for addiction treatment can help align individual treatment goals with the right rehab program.Article Sources
AMFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/FL
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/florida/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Publications-and-Forms/Documents/Drugs-in-Deceased-Persons/2016-Annual-Drug-Report.aspx
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition - https://www.pbcsac.org/Jul-2015-Palm-Beach-County-Report.pdf