3 Drug Rehab Centers Near Belle Glade, Florida
Roughly 19,666 residents make their home in Belle Glade, Florida. The city lies close to the southeastern shores of Lake Okeechobee and the waters of South Bay. Those who live in Belle Glade and enjoy arts and culture can visit Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center. For Belle Glade residents struggling with addiction, rehab centers are available in and near the city.
Substance Abuse In Belle Glade & Palm Beach County
Palm Beach County has had serious drug problems over the past several years, especially with cocaine and opioids. Consider some drug-related facts from the county:
- Palm Beach County’s total of drug overdose deaths from 2006 to 2012 was 1,661. From 2014 to 2016, there was a total of 1,141 deaths.
- In 2014, Palm Beach County had 1,225 treatment admissions for prescription opioids and 1,926 admissions for alcohol addiction.
- Cocaine was involved in more than 25 percent of drug overdose deaths in Palm Beach County in 2016.
- In 2017, Palm Beach County had a rate of 53.4 opioid prescriptions per 100 residents.
- There were 616 drug-related deaths in the county in 2017.
Traveling For Addiction Treatment
Belle Glade’s rehab options for addiction are limited. Instead of going with the local option right away, individuals struggling with addiction should be open to finding different facilities in other cities and towns and comparing the available services. Travel may be necessary in some cases, which helps ensure that individuals find the best treatment for their needs.
If you’re trying to find Belle Glade alcohol and drug rehab centers for yourself or someone you know, contact RehabCenter.net for help.Article Sources
AMFAR - http://opioid.amfar.org/FL
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/florida/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Publications-and-Forms/Documents/Drugs-in-Deceased-Persons/2016-Annual-Drug-Report.aspx
Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition - https://www.pbcsac.org/Jul-2015-Palm-Beach-County-Report.pdf