3 Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Woodland Hills, California
Woodland Hills, California has an estimated population of 43,370 people. This Los Angeles neighborhood is surrounded by rugged outdoor regions, including Westridge-Canyonback Wilderness Park, Topanga State Park, and Palo Comado Canyon.
Residents can visit Candy Cane Lane for holiday cheer, or head to Werner Center Park to have a picnic. Woodland Hills Recreation Center features indoor and outdoor amenities, including a pool.
Substance Abuse In Woodland Hills And Los Angeles County
Drug abuse has been an ongoing problem in Los Angeles County, but this problem has been getting worse over the past few years.
- The rate of drug overdose death has gone up in Los Angeles County. In 2011, 61.7 percent of overdoses were fatal. In 2015, this number was 78.1 percent.
- Los Angeles County had 4,297 cases of drug overdose deaths from 2004 through 2010 (six years). Drug overdose deaths in the county numbered 2,232 from 2012 through 2014 and went up to 2,288 from 2014 through 2016.
- Los Angeles County had twice as many fentanyl toxicology cases in 2016 than in 2015.
- 28.3 percent rate of toxicology cases reported by the Medical Examiner’s office in Los Angeles County involved methamphetamine in 2016.
- Between 2012 and 2014, 6.9 percent of adults age 26 and older in Los Angeles County reported having a substance use disorder.
Traveling For The Best Program
Although Woodland Hills offers a few alcohol and drug rehab centers to choose from, it’s still important to look into other addiction treatment programs nearby. California towns and cities near Woodland Hills may offer more effective treatment for substance use disorders based on your situation.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/los-angeles-scs-drug-use-patterns-and-trends-2017-final.pdf
County of Los Angeles Public Health - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/sapc/MDU/MDBrief/CostBriefFinal.pdf