4 Drug Rehab Centers in West Covina, California
The city of West Covina, California has a population of around 107,598. West Covina lies south of Angeles National Forest and has a few local parks for outdoor recreation.
Residents can see native plants and learn about natural history at Galster Wilderness Park or head to Cortez Park to have a picnic.
Substance Abuse In West Covina And Los Angeles County
There has been a rise in methamphetamine abuse and the use of other drugs in Los Angeles County during the past few years.
Some substance abuse statistics from the West Covina area are:
- There were 2,232 drug overdose deaths in Los Angeles County between 2012 and 2014. This number went up to 2,282 from 2013 through 2015 and rose again to 2,288 from 2014 to 2016.
- People aged 18 to 25 in Los Angeles County have the most substance use disorder cases. 20.2 percent of people in this age group had substance use disorders in 2016. Fortunately, a lower rate of 6.9 percent of adults aged 26 or older had a substance use disorder the same year.
- The drug overdose death rate in Los Angeles County rose from 61.7 percent in 2011 to 78.1 percent in 2015.
- Fentanyl was involved in twice as many medical examiner toxicology cases in Los Angeles County in 2016 than in 2015.
- Methamphetamine abuse occurred in 28.3 percent of medical examiner toxicology cases in Los Angeles County in 2016.
Traveling For The Best Program
West Covina only has one drug and alcohol rehab center available, so it’s highly recommended that residents look into neighboring cities for more options. Choosing a rehab program due to its convenient location might not provide you with the best addiction treatment for your needs.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/los-angeles-scs-drug-use-patterns-and-trends-2017-final.pdf
County of Los Angeles Public Health - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/sapc/MDU/MDBrief/CostBriefFinal.pdf