Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Ukiah, California
As the county seat and largest city of Mendocino County, Ukiah has a highly accessible location and is home to 16,075 people. The Ukiah Valley, which includes Ukiah and the surrounding rural California communities, is known for its wine production, making alcohol readily available in this city. Fortunately, Ukiah has a variety of rehabilitation facilities available to help individuals overcome their addiction to drugs or alcohol.
Substance Abuse In Ukiah And Mendocino County
Drug use in Ukiah and Mendocino County is on the rise, according to the most recent statistics. This is why northern California needs effective, reliable addiction treatment centers. Some substance abuse statistics that show what the Ukiah area is dealing with include these:
- From 2014 to 2016, Mendocino County had a drug overdose death rate of 26.6 people per 100,000 in the county.
- This was an increase over the previously reported number of 24 people per 100,000, indicating a growing drug problem.
- Of all drug overdose deaths between 2014 and 2016 in Mendocino County, 17 were due to opioid abuse.
- The 2016 opioid prescription rate in Mendocino County was 105.1 prescriptions per 100 people.
- Mendocino County had a rate of 30.6 emergency room visits per 100,000 residents due to non-heroin opioids in 2016.
Traveling For The Best Program
If Mendocino County does not offer the best rehab program for an individual’s needs, traveling away from home opens up additional substance abuse treatment options. Also, traveling for treatment provides a greater distance between a person and the triggers that led to addiction, which can increase treatment success.Article Sources
Ukiah Daily Journal - https://www.ukiahdailyjournal.com/2018/05/10/mendocino-county-files-suit-over-opioids/