Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Studio City, California
Studio City, California has a population of around 30,642. This Los Angeles neighborhood, home to CBS Studio Center, is located between North Hollywood and Beverly Hills.
Ventura Boulevard runs through the center of Studio City from east to west. Residents can head outdoors for fun and relaxation at Coldwater Canyon Park or Wilacre Park for scenic views, hiking trails, and more.
Substance Abuse In Studio City And Los Angeles County
Abuse of drugs, including methamphetamine, has been a serious issue in Los Angeles County over the last few years.
- Los Angeles County had 2,288 deaths from drug overdoses between 2014 and 2016.
- In 2016, the substance use disorder rate for adults in Los Angeles County 26 years old or older was 6.9 percent. This rate was considerably higher for adults between 18 and 25 years old at 20.2 percent.
- From 2011 through 2015, the rate of drug overdose deaths in Los Angeles County went from 61.7 percent to 78.1 percent.
- Fentanyl abuse toxicology cases doubled in Los Angeles County from 2015 to 2016.
- The rate of methamphetamine abuse toxicology cases in Los Angeles County in 2016 was 28.3 percent.
Traveling For The Best Program
Studio City does not offer any drug and alcohol rehab centers, so individuals who have a substance use disorder must seek care elsewhere. Going to a different part of Los Angeles or another city nearby can open up many addiction treatment options to explore.
This gives individuals more rehab programs to choose from, which means that they have a better opportunity to find the most suitable one.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/los-angeles-scs-drug-use-patterns-and-trends-2017-final.pdf
County of Los Angeles Public Health - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/sapc/MDU/MDBrief/CostBriefFinal.pdf