5 Drug Rehab Centers in Seaside, California
Seaside is situated amid the natural beauty of Monterey Bay and some of the world’s most diverse marine habitats. It was once the location of famed military base Fort Ord.
Today, the community of about 34,000 residents is home to Cal State University Monterey Bay and the Monterey College of Law.
Substance Abuse In Seaside And Monterey County
Monterey County has established a strategic plan for combating substance use disorders in its communities. The plan documents how many people accessed addiction treatment in 2015 and other key health indicators.
- More than 250 people received medically-supervised methadone treatment in Monterey County in 2015.
- 508 people in Monterey County received outpatient treatment for substance use disorders and 484 received residential addiction treatment in 2015.
- 52 percent of Monterey County’s adult homeless population has a substance use disorder.
- Nearly half of the 1,318 people who received mental health services in Monterey County in 2015 also had a substance use disorder.
- 26.1 percent of Monterey County residents binge-consumed alcohol during 2015.
Traveling For The Best Program
Seaside residents have access to various substance abuse programs in the city and in surrounding communities. That said, some people find that traveling outside of their home county to other parts of California offers more choices for rehab programs that fit their needs.Article Sources
County of Monterey Health Department - http://www.co.monterey.ca.us/government/departments-a-h/health/behavioral-health/alcohol-drug-services