3 Drug Rehab Centers in Saugus, California
Saugus is a neighborhood within the city of Santa Clarita in Los Angeles County, California.
Once a city of its own, Saugus and three other neighborhoods merged in 1987 to create Santa Clarita, and today the area is known for its history and beautiful location near the Los Angeles County hills.
Don't wait. Get help now.
Call to be connected with an Addiction Campuses treatment specialist.
Substance Abuse In Saugus And Los Angeles County
Saugus, as a community within Los Angeles County, sees its fair share of drug and alcohol concerns. Some numbers indicating the extent of the substance abuse problem include:
- From 2012-2014, Los Angeles County had a total of 380.6 nonfatal emergency room visits for drug or alcohol problems per 100,000 people in the county.
- Among those age 12 and older between 2012-2014, 22 percent admitted to binge alcohol consumption in the past month.
- In addition, 12 percent admitted to the use of illicit drugs, including marijuana.
- A full 18 percent of the population admitted to having a substance use disorder, including alcohol addiction.
- In 2014, over 700 people died due to a drug overdose in Los Angeles County.
Traveling For The Best Program
When addicted individuals are ready to make a change, they often find it difficult to choose the right substance abuse treatment.
The alcohol and drug rehab centers located closest to home do not always provide the right level or type of care. In this case, the best option is to travel for an appropriate addiction treatment program.Article Sources
California Healthcare Foundation - https://www.chcf.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/SubstanceUseDisorderAlmanac2018.pdf
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/u1424/los_angeles_scs_drug_use_patterns_and_trends_2016.pdf