Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Santa Ynez, California
There are around 4,377 individuals who make their home in Santa Ynez, California. This census-designated place is bordered by Los Padres National Forest to the east and isn’t far from the Pacific coast.
Santa Ynez residents can visit Ostrichland USA to see ostriches and emus, or head to Cachuma Lake Recreation Area for fishing, hiking, and other outdoor recreation. Santa Ynez Valley Historical Museum offers a chance for residents to learn more about the area’s past.
Substance Abuse In Santa Ynez And Santa Barbara County
Santa Barbara County has had major problems with opioid abuse during the past few years. Besides this, it also saw an increase in hospitalizations for misuse of alcohol.
- In 2016, 43 of 69 accidental overdoses in Santa Barbara County were due to opioids.
- From 2014 to 2016, Santa Barbara County had 195 drug overdose deaths. This is an increase from 151 deaths from 2012 to 2014.
- Santa Barbara County had 2,422 alcohol-related emergency department visits in 2014, which was up from 1,802 of these visits in 2010.
- In 2015, Santa Barbara County had 1,200 admissions into heroin or opioid use disorder treatment, which increased from 693 in 2010.
- Santa Barbara County’s opioid-related death rate was nearly twice that of the California rate in 2015. The county had 7.7 deaths per 100,000 residents compared to 4.73 for the state.
Traveling For The Best Program
In some cases, people who need treatment for drug or alcohol addiction are better off looking for rehab centers outside their hometown. This encourages them to seek out the best program for their situation by comparing various addiction treatment facilities.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
County of Santa Barbara - https://www.countyofsb.org/behavioral-wellness/Asset.c/3904
Santa Barbara Independent - https://www.independent.com/news/2017/jul/13/santa-barbaras-opioid-death-rate-almost-double-sta/