Addiction and Treatment Statistics for San Marcos, California
San Marcos, California, is home to over 83,000 people and is located in the North County region of San Diego County. The beautiful community is home to the University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences.
As with many communities that have major college campuses, addiction is a serious problem in San Marcos, but local substance abuse treatment facilities are available to help.
Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers In San Marcos, California
For those needing addiction treatment in San Marcos, a number of local facilities are available.
Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers Near San Marcos, California
Not far from San Marcos, additional addiction treatment facilities offer even more hope.
Substance Abuse In San Marcos And San Diego County
Drug and alcohol abuse has taken a toll in San Marcos and San Diego County. Few people in the region have not been touched in some way by addiction.
Some numbers that show the extent of the substance abuse problem in the San Marcos area include these:
- In 2016, opioid overdose was responsible for 253 deaths in San Diego County.
- 49 percent of adults in San Diego County in 2016 reported misusing prescription medications.
- In 2015, 7,501 visits to the emergency room in San Diego County were due to opioid abuse symptoms.
- That same year, 31 pharmacies in San Diego County were burglarized or robbed.
- Among juvenile arrests in San Diego County, 40 percent reported the abuse of prescription drugs.
Traveling For The Best Program
San Diego County and San Marcos do offer several substance abuse programs, but they may not fit every individual’s needs. If that is the case, traveling out of town or out of California offers many excellent addiction treatment options as well as a fresh environment for healing.
Reach out to a treatment specialist today for help exploring alcohol and drug rehab centers in the California area.Article Sources
County News Center - https://www.countynewscenter.com/opioid-related-deaths-remain-steady-in-san-diego/