Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Riverside, California
With 320,000 residents, Riverside has its share of troubles with drug and alcohol abuse. Fortunately, it also has various addiction treatment resources available both in the city and neighboring California counties.
Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers In Riverside, California
Riverside is a large community with several neighborhoods and districts. The city has more than 10 alcohol and drug rehab centers within city limits.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Riverside And Riverside County
The University of California Riverside Health System recently conducted research for a countywide health report that included statistics on drug and alcohol use in Riverside County.
- Riverside County has also been known as a center for methamphetamine production and distribution since the 1990s.
- 107 people died from opioid-related overdoses in Riverside County in 2016.
- Riverside County doctors wrote 1,589,494 prescriptions for opioids in 2016—a rate of 665.7 per 1,000 residents.
- The Riverside DEA office seized over 6,500 pounds of methamphetamine and 770 pounds of heroin agents between 2013 and 2015, which was 25 percent of the total seized nationwide during the same period.
- In 2013, Riverside County had a drug overdose death rate of 13.3 for every 100,000 people, slightly higher than the state average.
Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers Near Riverside, California
Though Riverside has a broad range of drug and alcohol rehab centers located throughout the community, residents may wish to travel to other areas of California for treatment.
Traveling to a new area gives a person a fresh start for recovery. It also allows them to compare rehab programs so they can find one that is ideal for their personal needs.
Riverside is located within 10 miles of San Bernardino and is close to other California cities that have resources for substance abuse treatment. Residential treatment, detox, and outpatient care are available in nearby communities.
Speak with a treatment specialist today to learn which California addiction treatment center is the best option for your health and healing.Article Sources