Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Pomona, California
Home to nearly 150,000 people, the city of Pomona, California is located in Los Angeles County. Pomona is a beautiful community with a mild climate that is home to the Fairplex, which hosts the Los Angeles County Fair. For residents of Pomona struggling with substance abuse, there are addiction treatment centers located in the community to provide care to those in need.
Rehab Centers In Pomona, California
Addiction treatment in Pomona is readily accessible.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Rehab Centers Near Pomona, California
Additional treatment facilities in nearby communities like Claremont offer more opportunities for addiction treatment.
Substance Abuse In Pomona And Los Angeles County
Pomona, as a town in Los Angeles County, has its share of addiction struggles. Here are some statistics from county related to drugs and alcohol:
- In 2015, Los Angeles County Poison Control had 4,529 calls for illicit drug poisoning.
- Treatment admissions in Los Angeles County in 2015 totaled 30,083,
- Of those, heroin was the most common drug of choice, responsible for 31.2 percent of admissions.
- Methamphetamine was responsible for 25.3 percent of admissions.
- Alcohol was among the top four, responsible for 17 percent of admissions.
Traveling For The Best Program
When someone is seeking addiction treatment, it can be worth it to consider leaving home. The home environment often has temptations and triggers that make addiction treatment more challenging. Traveling for the best program, even if it means traveling away from Pomona, can increase the likelihood of successful recovery.
For more information on how to find the right program for the person with addiction, contact RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources