Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Oakhurst, California
There are around 3,605 people living in the community of Oakhurst, California. This census-designated place lies close to the western edge of the Sierra National Forest, which provides residents with a chance to explore nature. Due to the remote location of the community, residents in Oakhurst have limited opportunities for addiction treatment.
Substance Abuse In Oakhurst & Madera County
Alcohol and other substances of abuse have been problems for Madera County over the years. Consider some facts from the area:
- From 2014 to 2016, the drug overdose death total was 65.
- Madera County has a higher rate of drug-induced deaths compared to the rate for California overall.
- The county has a high mortality rate for cirrhosis and other liver problems linked to alcohol addiction.
- In 2017, Madera County had a total of six deaths due to opioid overdoses and 100,434 written opioid prescriptions.
- The age groups that opioid overdose deaths in Madera County mainly occurred in during 2017 were the 55 to 59 age group and the 40 to 44 age group.
Traveling For The Best Program
Oakhurst has limited options for drug and alcohol addiction treatment, so those who need this care should be willing to travel for quality programs. Traveling to another town, city, or state can provide individuals with more programs to choose from. This can help them discover the right type of treatment program for their addiction.
For more information on Oakhurst drug and alcohol rehab centers for you or a loved one, contact RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
California Department of Public Health - https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Madera County Public Health Department - https://www.maderacounty.com/home/showdocument?id=246