Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Newport Beach, California
The city of Newport Beach, California is home to roughly 86,160 residents. Newport Beach, which is on the Pacific Coast south of Los Angeles, offers outdoor fun and recreation. Residents can fish along Balboa Pier, go on rides at Balboa Fun Zone, and stroll along the beach at Balboa Peninsula Park. Multiple rehab centers are also available in Newport Beach to help residents address their addictions.
Rehab Centers In Newport Beach, California
Adults who are searching for drug and alcohol rehab centers have a few options to consider in Newport Beach.
Rehab Centers Near Newport Beach, California
Individuals who need care for substance abuse can find other addiction treatment centers available just minutes away from Newport Beach in Costa Mesa.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Newport Beach & Orange County
Drug abuse, including the overuse of opioids, has been a serious issue in Orange County over the last few years. Consider some drug-related area statistics:
- Orange County had 1,168 deaths from drug overdoses from 2014 through 2016.
- From 2013 to 2015, Orange County had 262 deaths due to alcohol. This accounted for 25.9 percent of all alcohol and drug-related deaths in the county during that time period.
- Between 2013 and 2015, Orange County had 364 deaths due to benzodiazepine overdoses.
- There were 675 deaths due to opioid overdoses in Orange County between 2013 and 2015. This was 66.8 percent of all deaths due to drug overdoses in the county.
- Orange County had 255 deaths due to opioid overdoses in 2017 and 1,516,276 prescriptions written for opioids.
Traveling For The Best Program
Newport Beach has a few treatment options available for drug and alcohol addiction. However, consider traveling outside of Newport Beach for more options. This can help individuals find the right kind of treatment program for addiction recovery, depending on their particular situation or condition.
If you want help finding the best drug and alcohol rehab center in or near Newport Beach, contact RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
California Department of Public Health - https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Orange County Health Care Agency - http://www.ochealthinfo.com/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?BlobID=64090