Addiction and Treatment Statistics for National City, California
National City, California has a total of around 61,363 residents. The city, which lies along San Diego Bay, is between San Diego to the north and Chula Vista to the south. Residents in National City can travel easily via I-5 or I-805. For those who struggle with substance abuse or addiction, local rehab centers are available in National City itself.
Rehab Centers In National City, California
Those who need treatment for a substance use disorder have one drug and alcohol rehab center in National City to consider.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Rehab Centers Near National City, California
Individuals looking into rehab centers for alcohol or drug addiction can find options available just outside of National City in San Diego.
Substance Abuse In National City, California & San Diego County
Opioid overdose has been on the rise in San Diego County, especially over the last few years. Take a look at some opioid-related statistics from the county:
- In 2016, San Diego County had 253 deaths from opioid overdoses.
- San Diego County had a total of 6,866 emergency room visits due to opioid abuse in 2013 and 7,501 emergency room visits for opioids in 2015.
- There were 91 deaths due to heroin overdoses in San Diego County in 2016.
- In 2017, San Diego County had 285 opioid overdose deaths and a total of 1,701,077 prescriptions written for opioids for county residents.
- There were 1,272 drug overdose deaths in San Diego County between 2014 and 2016.
Traveling For The Best Program
While going through a substance use disorder rehab program in National City offers a convenient option, the program can be limited for some. Consider traveling to other areas of California for more program options. This helps ensure people find treatment that suits their individual needs.
If you are looking for help finding the right drug and alcohol addiction treatment center in or close to National City, please contact RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
California Department of Public Health - https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
County News Center - https://www.countynewscenter.com/opioid-related-deaths-remain-steady-in-san-diego/