Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Mariposa, California
Located just across from Yosemite State Park, the town of Mariposa, California is the county seat of Mariposa County. This quiet community is home to over 2,100 people and is often a stop for those visiting Yosemite. Even though it’s small, Mariposa has its own struggles with drug and alcohol addiction, and addiction treatment centers in the community are an important resource.
Rehab Centers In Mariposa, California
For those in Mariposa seeking treatment, there is one local alcohol and drug rehab center in the community.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Rehab Centers Near Mariposa, California
Not only does Mariposa offer addiction treatment options, but nearby communities do as well, including Merced and Oakhurst.
Substance Abuse In Mariposa & Mariposa County
Mariposa County and the city of Mariposa continue to fight addiction. While their numbers for addiction rates and overdose deaths are lower than other counties, any addiction problem must be addressed to keep the community safe and healthy. Here are the key statistics to consider:
- In 2013, Mariposa County had a drug overdose death rate of 27.6 per 100,000 residents.
- An estimated 928 people in the county struggle with opioid misuse.
- Of those, 168 can be classified as having opioid use disorder in 2016.
- The county’s 2016 opioid addiction treatment facilities that offer methadone and buprenorphine treatment has capacity to treat between 80 to 136 people.
- This left between 33 and 88 people with opioid use disorder without access to treatment.
Traveling For The Best Program
When treatment in Mariposa isn’t the right fit, the answer is to travel outside of the community. A willingness to travel can help find the best treatment option for an individual’s unique needs. By removing the individual from the home environment, treatment can be more effective because the person can fully immerse themselves in the treatment program.
Find the right treatment facility by reaching out to RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
Mariposa County - http://www.mariposacounty.org/371/Substance-Use-Disorders-SUD