Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Lancaster, California
The city of Lancaster, California has a population of around 160,316 people. The city, located in Antelope Valley, is close to Castaic Lake State Recreation Area and Angeles National Forest. Those who appreciate art and culture can visit the city’s Museum of Art and History. Lancaster also offers several addiction treatment centers to address substance abuse disorders.
Rehab Centers In Lancaster, California
Individuals needing treatment for a substance use disorder can find facilities available in Lancaster, from outpatient services to residential programs.
Rehab Centers Near Lancaster, California
Those who want to explore treatment programs near Lancaster have a few options to consider, including at least one rehab center in Palmdale.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Lancaster & Los Angeles County
During the past few years, the misuse of opioids and other substances, such as methamphetamine, has been a growing problem in Los Angeles County. Take a look at some facts from the area:
- Los Angeles County had a total of 2,282 deaths due to drug overdoses from 2013 to 2015. During 2014 through 2016, the county had a total of 2,288 drug overdose deaths.
- Between 2011 and 2015, Los Angeles County experienced a drug overdose death rate that rose from 61.7 to 78.1 per 100,000 people.
- Los Angeles County had twice as many toxicology cases involving fentanyl in 2016 compared to the prior year.
- The county had 28.3 percent toxicology cases that involved the use of methamphetamine in 2016.
- In 2017, Los Angeles County had 447 deaths due to opioid overdoses.
Traveling For The Best Program
Although Lancaster has several programs available for treating addiction, it’s important to compare even more options. Looking into available treatment plans in other cities and towns, and being willing to travel, provides more avenues for entering the right program. This can help individuals find the best treatment program that suits their needs.
If you need help finding options for drug and alcohol rehab centers outside of Lancaster, please contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
California Department of Public Health - https://discovery.cdph.ca.gov/CDIC/ODdash/
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
County of Los Angeles Public Health - http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/sapc/MDU/MDBrief/CostBriefFinal.pdf
National Drug Early Warning System - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/los-angeles-scs-drug-use-patterns-and-trends-2017-final.pdf