Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Laguna Beach, California
Laguna Beach, California is known for its near perfect climate and beautiful sites like Emerald Bay. Sometime in the 1800s, the town became a popular tourist location filled with large hotels and luxurious beaches. With a population of just over 22,000 residents, Laguna Beach is home to several alcohol and drug rehab centers.
Rehab Centers In Laguna Beach, California
There are several addiction treatment centers located within Laguna Beach itself.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Rehab Centers Near Laguna Beach, California
Laguna Beach has a number of rehab centers, but there are also more options in nearby communities like Laguna Niguel.
Substance Abuse In Laguna Beach & Orange County
Although Orange County is experiencing the same drug problems as the rest of the state, it has seen an 82 percent decrease in hospitalizations and deaths since 2000. Other essential facts about Laguna Beach and Orange County include:
- Orange County sees about 700 drug-related deaths each year and 5,500 poisonings that require hospitalization.
- More than half of overdoses involve opioids in Orange County. The most common are Oxycontin and hydrocodone.
- More than 78 percent of overdoses investigate by the Orange County coroner were accidental.
- Alcohol and drug hospitalizations cost residents more than 100 million dollars each year.
- Laguna Beach ranks as one of the cities in Orange County with the highest overdose deaths with an average of 31.4 per 100,000.
Traveling For The Best Program
The city of Laguna Beach, California has several drug and alcohol treatment centers worth considering. However, families may wish to explore other areas in California, or even options out of state, to find a program that meets the person’s unique needs. For more information about locating substance abuse treatment in California, contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
Orange County Health Care Agency - http://www.ochealthinfo.com/about/admin/pubs/od