Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Fortuna, California
Home to almost 12,000 people, the city of Fortuna, California in Humboldt County is a naturally beautiful community not far from the Pacific Coast. Known for its many festivals throughout the year, Fortuna is a welcoming community. As with much of Humboldt County, local addiction treatment centers are an important asset to members of the community.
Rehab Centers In Fortuna, California
Residents of Fortuna that are ready to get help with addiction will find at least one drug and alcohol rehab center in the city.
Rehab Centers Near Fortuna, California
Sometimes the closest facility does not provide the right treatment options. For more specific addiction treatment, residents of Fortuna can look at rehab centers in nearby Eureka.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Fortuna & Humboldt County
Fortuna and the rest of Humboldt County have been hit hard by the opioid crisis plaguing the country. Many families are affected by opioid and other addictions, making the need for addiction treatment facilities strong. Some statistics that show the extent of this need include:
- In 2017, Humboldt County lost 49 residents to alcohol or drug overdose or disease.
- Of those deaths, 21 percent were connected with opioids, including heroin.
- An additional 29 percent were connected to stimulants, like methamphetamine and cocaine.
- The overdose death rate was 21 per 100,000 in the community.
- In 2017, Humboldt County reported 135,617 opioid prescriptions written, which is nearly one per county resident.
Traveling For The Best Program
The best program for drug and alcohol treatment may not be the closest program. Those who are willing to travel away from home and even away from California may find greater success on their addiction treatment journey. The different specialized treatment facilities that are out there can make addiction treatment more successful.
Get professional help for drug and alcohol addiction by contacting RehabCenter.net today.Article Sources
Rx Safe Humboldt Coalition - http://stopoverdosehumboldt.org/