Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Cupertino, California
The city of Cupertino has around 60,777 residents. This Silicon Valley city, which is home to Apple Inc., also has plenty of outdoor areas for residents to enjoy nature and fresh air. Residents can head to Fremont Older Open Space Preserve or Stevens Creek County Park for outdoor recreation. Cupertino also has an addiction treatment center within city limits.
Rehab Centers In Cupertino, California
Those who need treatment for addiction have one option to consider within Cupertino.
Rehab Centers Near Cupertino, California
People searching for drug and alcohol rehab centers can choose from a few different places near Cupertino in Campbell and San Jose.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse In Cupertino & Santa Clara County
Santa Clara County has had problems with drug abuse for the past several years. However, the misuse of fentanyl and other opioids has been on the rise in recent years. Here are some opioid-related statistics:
- Between 2013 and 2015, there were 427 drug overdose deaths in the county, and from 2014 to 2016, there were 425.
- The mortality rate of drug overdoses in Santa Clara County was eight people per 100,000 residents in 2017.
- In 2016, Santa Clara County had a rate of 26.4 retail opioid prescriptions per 100 residents.
- From 2011 to 2015, the county experienced a steep increase of 126 percent in heroin poisonings. There were 19 cases in 2011 and 43 cases in 2015.
- Between 2005 and 2015, the rate of opioid-related deaths in Santa Clara County rose significantly. The rate in 2005 was 4.2 per 100,000 residents, and the rate in 2015 was 6.5 per 100,000 residents.
Traveling For The Best Program
While Cupertino does have a drug and alcohol rehab center available, it might not offer the most suitable treatment program for a person’s needs. Those who need help for a substance use disorder can benefit from checking out treatment centers and programs in other areas. This increases the chance of being able to get into the right treatment program.
If you’re looking for alcohol and drug rehab centers that are in Cupertino or other areas of California or the U.S., then contact RehabCenter.net.Article Sources
County Health Rankings - http://www.countyhealthrankings.org/app/california/2018/measure/factors/138/data
Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Prevention Department - https://www.sccgov.org/sites/bhd/info/SUTS-Resources-Info/Documents/BHS%20SUbustanceUseAssessment_10_6_17.pdf