Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Carson, California
Carson is a thriving community of about 93,000 residents in Los Angeles’ South Bay, located on the 110 (Harbor) and 405 Freeways. Carson is the location of Cal State University (CSU), Dominguez Hills, and the StubHub Center, which is on the CSU campus. Residents with addiction will have to look towards nearby communities for rehab center options.
Rehab Centers In Carson, California
Carson has a large California State University campus within its city limits with a student health center, but no licensed drug or alcohol treatment facilities. The community has individual therapists in private practice and medical clinics which may offer referrals to addiction treatment centers.
Rehab Centers Near Carson, California
Carson is bordered by Torrance, Long Beach, and Wilmington, where there are several, alcohol and drug rehab centers available.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Substance Abuse in Carson & Los Angeles County
The State of California and Los Angeles County maintain complete statistics on substance use disorders. Los Angeles County is a Sentinel Community Site for the National Drug Early Warning System, which uncovered the following statistics:
- 22% of people over age 12 in Los Angeles County reported binge drinking in the previous 30 days between 2012 and 2014.
- Over 330,000 people in Los Angeles County used an illicit drug other than marijuana in 2014.
- 2% of Los Angeles County residents, or more than 180,000 people, used cocaine in 2014.
- 30% of treatment admissions in Los Angeles County in 2016 were due to methamphetamine use, and 30% were attributed to heroin use.
- Los Angeles County authorities made 11,369 seizures of methamphetamine in 2016 and 67 seizures of fentanyl in 2016.
Traveling For The Best Program
Residents of Carson do not have a dedicated and licensed addiction treatment center in their community. Detox, residential treatment, and outpatient treatment programs are located nearby in Torrance, Wilmington, and Long Beach. If willing to travel elsewhere in California or to other states, even more alcohol and drug rehab centers will become available.
Contact RehabCenter.net to learn which substance abuse treatment programs in the Los Angeles area will be right for you.Article Sources
Los Angeles County Sentinel Community Site - https://ndews.umd.edu/sites/ndews.umd.edu/files/los-angeles-scs-drug-use-patterns-and-trends-2017-final.pdf
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator?sAddr=Carson%2C%20CA%2C%20USA#