Addiction and Treatment Statistics for Camarillo, California
Camarillo, California is a city of about 67,000 residents located in southern Ventura County. Camarillo is named after early Spanish California settlers Adolfo and Juan Camarillo. It is also known for Camarillo State Hospital, which is now the location of Cal State University, Channel Islands. There are also addiction treatment centers in the city itself.
Rehab Centers In Camarillo, California
Camarillo has two drug and alcohol rehab centers available to residents.
Get treatment when
and how you need it.
Rehab Centers Near Camarillo, California
Camarillo is located to the north and south of Interstate 101 and is within a short drive of Thousand Oaks or Oxnard. Both communities have resources for substance use disorder treatment.
Substance Abuse In Camarillo & Ventura County
Ventura County maintains complete statistics on drug and alcohol use disorders and indicators within the county as well as some indicators on an individual city level.
- Between 2014 and 2016, Ventura County had a substance-related death rate of 13.4 per 100,000, higher than the state average of 12.2 per 100,000.
- Ventura County’s rate of hospitalization for substance use in 2013-2015 was near twice the state average at 10.9 per 10,000 population.
- Ventura County residents ages 18 to 24 and 25 to 34 were hospitalized for drug use much more frequently than older adults.
- Heroin overdoses killed 33 Ventura County residents in 2016, according to the Ventura County Star.
- Prescription drug misuse was as serious a problem as street heroin, according to a local sheriff.
Traveling For The Best Program
Camarillo residents benefit from two outpatient treatment programs in their community. Camarillo is located within a few minutes of freeway driving to additional treatment facilities in Oxnard, Ventura, or Thousand Oaks. Consider traveling out of state for more rehab program options. Contact RehabCenter.net for which programs and services are the best for your recovery.Article Sources
Health Matters in Ventura County - http://www.healthmattersinvc.org/indicators/index/view?indicatorId=2856&localeId=293
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration - https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/locator?sAddr=Camarillo%2C%20CA%2C%20USA