Christian Alcohol And Drug Rehab Centers
Christian Drug Rehab—Why It Matters
The guiding principle of any quality addiction treatment facility is always that the treatment plan must be customized to take into account the unique, individual needs and circumstances of each patient. Rehab is one matter where a one-size-fits-all approach will not work. For a practicing Christian, a secular, non-faith-based treatment facility and program may not be the best option.
Religious substance abusers, of course, have the same physical and psychical make-up and needs as non-religious people. It’s just that their worldview includes a little more. Treatment facilities that keep the guiding principle foremost will, in addition to the standard treatment, treat the spiritual causes of addiction and address the religious needs of patients.
Standard Approaches in Christian Drug Rehab
Just as in other programs, Christian and faith-based drug rehab programs use some standard, tried-and-true treatment approaches.
- Outpatient – The focus is primarily on meeting and addressing the most immediate and critical needs like detoxification and crisis counseling. These programs are often fairly loosely structured and address psychological dependence while working on relapse prevention.
- Inpatient – Inpatient programs are longer (sometimes up to several weeks) and more comprehensive than outpatient programs and offer more scope for patients to learn coping skills.
- Traditional – A good example is a 12-step program like Narcotics Anonymous, which already promotes reliance on a Higher Power.
- Holistic – Holistic programs incorporate elements of the traditional approach, but also include alternative treatment methods such as acupuncture, massage, and meditation.
- Local – Local treatment facilities offer treatment in familiar surroundings with family and a support network nearby and readily accessible.
- Remote – A remote facility offers the advantage of geographical distance to support a patient’s distancing himself or herself from an addictive lifestyle. The vacation-like aspect often encourages relaxation and recovery.
The Extra Element in Christian Drug Rehab
A Christian-based drug rehab program, however, offers something that its secular counterpart doesn’t. While helping you recover from addiction is certainly its objective, it moves towards this goal by supporting spiritual recovery and growth.
A Christian sees a human being as more than merely a body; it is a living creation endowed with a soul, accountable to his neighbors and to God. The clarity and health of its conscience surpasses corporal ailments. Advocates of Christian drug rehabilitation believe that without faith, treatment and recovery cannot be fully completed.
Another extra in Christian drug rehab is that there are lots of denominational options. This means that you can find a facility or program that aligns with your particular denominational requirements—a place where you can truly feel at home while beating your addiction.
If you’re a Christian and you believe that there is more to life than momentary fulfillment. Contact us today for free information about Christian drug rehabilitation programs.
- Washington, D.C.
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia