Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Marshall, Texas
The town of Marshall, Texas, despite its small size, is a vital cultural and academic mecca in East Texas. Home to East Texas Baptist University, Texas State Technical College, and two other major institutions of higher education, this small college town likely has problems with alcohol and drug abuse.
Rehab Centers In Marshall, Texas
Unfortunately, there are no rehab centers within the city limits of Marshall, but there is a hospital. The Christus Good Shepherd Medical Center does not explicitly list substance abuse treatment as a service, so people will likely need to travel to enter a substance abuse rehabilitation program.
Rehab Centers Near Marshall, Texas
Although Marshall does not have a dedicated drug treatment facility, there are others in nearby communities like Longview, Shreveport, and Big Sandy. When searching for different rehab programs, remember to consider individual needs and preferences.
Special Health Resources, Longview, TX
Special Health Resources in Longview, Texas is a medical facility that offers a variety of health services including substance abuse treatment. Open for outpatient care only, this clinic provides research-based therapies to adults and adolescents with an addiction problem. Treatment interventions focus on helping those with substance abuse make informed choices about their lives.
Resilient House, Shreveport, LA
Just over the state line in Shreveport, LA is the Resilient House, a residential program that offers a full continuum of care for those with an addiction. In this one location, families will find supervised detox, inpatient treatment programs, partial hospitalization programs, intensive outpatient care, and alumni support. Resilient House is open to adults only.
Azleway Substance Abuse Program, Big Sandy, TX
Located just 43 miles outside of Marshall, this program is limited to young men ages 13 to 17. Azleway is a residential facility that provides a recovery program for youth and also includes at least 20 hours of weekly academic instruction. This program specializes in dual diagnosis care, which addresses both substance use and mental health disorders.
Substance Abuse In Marshall And Harrison County, Texas
Alcohol is a problem in Marshall, which isn’t surprising given the number of colleges. Officials are also fighting an escalating opioid epidemic in Harrison County, although the overdose death toll is lower there than in some parts of Texas. Consider:
- In 2015, Harrison County reported 53 DUI offenses.
- The Harrison County Sheriff’s office made 65 arrests for illicit drug possession between July 2014 and May 2015, 39 of which were for opioids or cocaine.
- In 2016, there were 21 deaths from drug poisoning in the county and a drug overdose death rate of 10 per 100,000 people.
Traveling For The Best Program
Unfortunately, there are no options in Marshall for drug or alcohol treatment. Families have no choice but to look at other areas in Texas for the best care possible. For more information about substance abuse treatment in Texas, contact RehabCenter.net.
Find a Rehab Center in Marshall, Texas
Choices Adolescent Treatment Ctr Inc
- Adolescents (teen) addiction treatment
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Court ordered addiction treatment
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Inpatient partial hospitalization/day treatment/work programs
- Residential short-term inpatient treatment (30 days or less)
- Residential long-term inpatient treatment (60, 90, 120 days)
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment
**The facilities and organizations mentioned in this article are not affiliated with RehabCenter.net
Click here to view our Treatment Center Inclusion Policy