Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Milledgeville, GeorgiaCall: 800-959-6280
Milledgeville's location in the center portion of the state works well for family's that have varied interests. With a few hours' drive you can go to the Atlantic Ocean to the east or head northwest to the big city of Atlanta. Whether you are visiting a family member in rehab or are moving to the area to help them through the lengthy recovery process, Milledgeville has alot to offer.
The closest airport to Milledgeville is Baldwin County Airport. It is small and convenient enough to navigate easily while still being able to handle a moderate to high level of commercial airline traffic. Flights arrive and a depart on a daily basis allowing for convenient travel times.
Temperatures are moderate considering how close the city is to the ocean, In the winter, temps average approximately 30 degrees at night and rising to almost 60 degrees during the day. During the summer months, the lows average 68 degrees, while the highs reach 93 or higher.
Precipitation averages between just below 3 inches to approximately 5 inches throughout the year. The earliest months of the year tend to be the most prone to rain.
Drug Abuse Rehabilitation/Information Centers
The Oconee Center Addictive Disease Services is the primary rehabilitation center for Milledgeville and the surrounding area. The facility offers services for both men and women and even provides beds for the children of residents who are being treated inhouse. Both inpatient and outpatient services are available, including counseling services that extend past the patient's initial treatment plan.
Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn & Suites of Milledgeville are located conveniently throughout the area. They are close to the rehab facility as well as the airport. Most have extended stay options for individuals who are visiting family members that are in the local drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
For a moderately sized community, there are several employment opportunities in a variety of industries. The food service healthcare industries are two of the largest employers in the area. There are also a variety of seasonal job opportunities for those who plan on staying in the area for several months and want something to do while they are visiting.
Oconee Center Addictive Disease Services
- Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
- Addiction treatment for persons with HIV/AIDS
- Addiction treatment for gays and lesbians
- Addiction treatment for seniors/older adults
- Addiction treatment for pregnant/postpartum women
- Addiction treatment for women
- Addiction treatment for men
- Residential beds for clients' children
- Court ordered addiction treatment
- ASL or other assistance for hearing impaired
- Outpatient counseling treatment
- Inpatient partial hospitalization/day treatment/work programs
- Residential short-term inpatient treatment (30 days or less)
- Residential long-term inpatient treatment (60, 90, 120 days)
- Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment