Find an Effective Addiction Treatment

Addiction Recovery and Long-Term Success Is Within Reach!

Nationwide Rehab Centers That Fit Your Needs

Alcohol and Drug Rehab Centers in Supai, Arizona

Learn About Rehab

Supai is a fairly out-of-the way location, situated in the Grand Canyon and accessible by hiking, riding mules or flying in a helicopter. In fact, the nearest road is 8 miles away and there are no vehicles in Supai itself. Approximately 208 people live in Supai, according to the latest available figures from the Census Bureau. You may find this remote and scenic location the perfect place to gather your thoughts as you embark on rehabilitation for substance abuse.

Airport Information

People coming in from out of town typically rely on the Grand Canyon West Airport, which has domestic flights arriving from Peach Springs and is located about 65 miles from the heart of Supai. For domestic flights originating from Saint George in Utah, you can use the St. George Municipal Airport, about 72 miles from Supai. The nearest international airport is McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, NV. A bit farther away is the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, about 269 miles from Supai.

Weather

Pack some light and loose-fitting clothes when you come to Supai. The average temperature during the summer ranges in the mid-70s, but the daily high approaches the mid-90s. In winter, the thermometer registers temperatures in the mid 30s, while spring and fall see temperatures hitting the 50s and 60s. The rate of precipitation is fairly steady in Supai. The area receives about 1 inch of rain during most of the year, going down to half an inch between March and June.

Drug Rehabilitation Centers

While there are no drug rehabilitation centers in Supai itself, you or your loved ones can get treatment in neighboring communities. For example, the Kaibab/Paiute Tribe Substance Abuse Program is located about 44 miles away in Fredonia, providing substance abuse treatment services on an outpatient basis to adolescents and adults. Also in Fredonia is Encompass Health Service, offering outpatient substance treatment to adults and children.

Lodging

The main place to stay in Supai is the Havasupai Lodge. However, the area around the Grand Canyon has a number of beautiful places where you can find a room to stay. Whether you need lodging after going through your recovery program or want to find a nice place to stay for a visiting family member while you're still in rehab, you're bound to find a great place. For example, the Maswik Lodge is just 32 miles away, as is the El Tovar Hotel. Both are located in Grand Canyon National Park. Alternatively, you may prefer to stay at the Canyon Plaza Resort or the Red Feather Lodge, both about 36 miles away from Supai in Tusaayan.

Employment Opportunities

You may come to Supai in part to enjoy the Havasupai Indian Reservation, which is located inside the Grand Canyon, but you might also be interested in finding employment after rehab is over. The bulk of work in this area has to do with public administration (about 85 percent of all industry). Warehouse and transportation work account for the remaining 15 percent of work in Supai.

  • Supai Canyon Health Station
    • Adolescents (teen) addiction treatment
    • Dual diagnosis treatment (Persons with co-occurring mental and substance abuse disorders)
    • Addiction treatment for seniors/older adults
    • Addiction treatment for men
    • Court ordered alcohol treatment for DUI/DWI offenders
    • Court ordered addiction treatment
    • Outpatient counseling treatment
    • Holistic rehabilitation treatment, alternative treatment

For 24/7 Treatment Help Call:

1-888-979-9592

For Immediate Treatment Help Call:
(888) 979-9592